“Growth Journeys” is a podcast series from TCV, one of the largest growth equity firms, which has been backing private and public technology companies since 1995. Listen to founders, CEOs and other innovators as they unpack the lessons and patterns from their personal and professional journeys in building and scaling high-growth businesses to category leadership.
Growth Journeys navigateright Episode
At GoFundMe, 2020 started with the celebration of a new chapter, a ten-year milestone, and the welcoming of new CEO Tim Cadogan. When the coronavirus pandemic began to spread globally, Cadogan, then in his first week as CEO, acted decisively to safeguard employees by implementing work from home and galvanized the team to quickly innovate to support the GoFundMe community in its mission of inspiring hope and changing lives through giving. In this wide-ranging discussion, Cadogan and TCV General Partner Woody Marshall, a GoFundMe board member, discuss:
• How GoFundMe’s global community has responded to the coronavirus pandemic and how the company has adapted to meet the surge of activity
• How GoFundMe seeks to create a seamless fundraising experience by balancing efficiency and safety
• How to learn a global business from top to bottom, build relationships, and earn trust – remotely – in a short period of time
• Essential qualities of culture for mission-driven companies
• The importance of honest and open communication within a company, with a board, and with a community
For all this and much more, settle back and press play.